Sell Carbon+ Credits
Get certified for Carbon+ as a farmer
What is a carbon+ credit
A financial instrument to de-risk your farm transition to a regenerative system
- Carbon+ Credits are created by farming projects that remove carbon from the atmosphere by storing it in soil, as well as create additional benefits to ecosystems.
- Additional ecological benefits include soil health, biodiversity, water quality, and ecosystem health as a whole.
- Carbon+ Credits support farmers in financing their transition to regenerative agriculture by covering investment costs at the beginning of their project. A condition for Carbon+ Credits is a genuine personal commitment to the long-term application of regenerative land management practices.
- Climate Farmers measures the changes in ecosystem health to enable farmers to sell high-quality Carbon+ Credits and through them, finance the transition to regenerative practices.
Regenerative Land Management
Enable the restoration of your ecosystem
Minimize soil disturbance & fertiliser application
Keep the soil covered
Maintain living root year round
Work within context
CARBON+ CREDITS ECOSYSTEM BENEFITS
Regenerative agriculture goes far beyond carbon farming
Agriculture as regenerative actor
Agriculture is capable of combining food production with ecosystem regeneration and carbon capture. A potential that strengthens everyone.
High quality food production
long-term incentives for positive climate impact for farmers
Soil organic carbon capture
Amplified resilience against extreme weather
Better water quality & retention
Carbon+ Credits are for you if …
You share our vision of a regenerative future for agriculture in Europe
- You are intrinsically motivated to actively research, learn and apply regenerative practices in the long run.
- You have a farm or agricultural land in Europe.
- You do not already cooperate with another organization for the same piece of land that accounts for your carbon sequestration and contribution to ecosystem health.
- The field or fields you would enter into the program have a size of at least 50 ha.
- You are willing to share your management practices and available soil data and consent for us to visit you to take soil samples and perform ecological monitoring.
- You are willing to sign a contract to implement regenerative practices for a duration of at least 10 years.
What’s in it for you
How we ensure the highest quality criteria
1. Development of high quality project plan that leads to success of the project
Access to a wide range of consultancies that will help you to create a project plan that fits your specific context
2. Network of over 300 regenerative farmers in Europe
You will be able to exchange, communicate and evolve with farmers around you
3. Lower risk for you and highest marginin the market
You receive payments before implementing, don’t have to take soil tests beforehand and don’t lose anything to middlemen
4. Going beyond carbon. Monitoring of further ecological improvements besides soil organic carbon
You get access to feedback data from our monitoring on a range of ecosystem aspects
5. Further Benefits
Your work will be highlighted through a farm profile on our homepage, access to skill calls, contact with important stakeholders and companies, and joining the Climate Farmers journey
How you can generate carbon+ credits
The step-by-step process
Develop your Holistic Context and farm plan within the Climate Farmers Academy
Sign the legal agreement of implementing regenerative practices for at least 10 years
Provide data on management practices and soil tests (if available)
If necessary, Climate Farmers carries out additional measurements
Climate Farmers issues Carbon+ Credits. You receive a percentage of the projected carbon storage potential of the practices you’ve committed to upon sale of the Credits
You implement the planned activities
Climate Farmers monitors soil organic carbon stock and ecological changes per year and then reports this to you and the buyer of the Credits
You receive additional payments in the form of instalments paid after 3, 7, and 10 years upon successful implementation
If, at the end of the 10 year timeframe, you have captured more carbon than initially calculated, you have the possibility of selling additional Carbon+ Credits
Your responsibilities during the project period
A genuine commitment to implement regenerative practices
- Compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements on a local, regional and national level
- Create a regenerative land management plan for the project period of 10 years with our consultants
- Provide access to necessary information (e.g. land management practices, yield documentation, etc) and support us in annual testing on the fields.
- Productivity of the project area must remain generally equal (i.e. shouldn’t be left fallow)